Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Three Weeks post-op for ulnar nerve transposistion - Second follow up appointment

Wednesday

Its been three weeks, wow.. it has gone by fast.
I can do almost anything with my arm barring lifting anything heavy...not that it would hurt.. but Im not going to find out. The arm doesn't really hurt during any daily activity from the surgery.. unless I rest my elbow right on the sensitive portion of the scar. Interestingly enough there is still one stitch in there that didn't dissolve. The scar right around the elbow has gotten a little more inflamed from rubbing scar cream in it.. seems like even though it was 'sealed' it may still be healing on the outside, so I've switch to scar cream and triple antibiotic cream.

My left hand hasn't hurt at all, although Im not using it for anything heavy so don't expect to tell a big difference for a while.

At night my arm still burns some.. but also interesting, not where the surgery was, but midway down starting about 5 inches above my wrist. It is sore when I put pressure on it and hope its not a minor clot. I cant think of another reason why the incision area itself wouldn't hurt much but that spot would as it is lower and out of the way of the work that was performed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, you have a great site here. You might want to share your story at our Cubital Tunnel forums, where there are many people who would benefit from your insight and experience. Good luck with your recovery.

Cubital Tunnel Forums

Unknown said...

Hi
I am to have carpel tunnel and ulnar nerve transposition Oct 9th by a hand surgeon. In April I had nerve test, showed carpel tunnel syndrome but ulnar nerve showed no problem. However, just touching "funny bone" causes pain. Doc said he wants to do that surgery with carpel tunnel. He said nerve tests do not always show all, examination is better. My question is how bad is pain, I cannot take narcotics but had rotator cuff surgery last Nov without anything but extra strength tylenol. Also, was contemplating just doing carpel tunnel since most tingling and needles are hand all fingers (not so much pinkey and thumb) some swelling in hand fingers. Arm does not hurt except if touching elbow. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
Ann Marie