Monday, December 1, 2008

12 days post-op for ulnar nerve transposistion - more flexibility/new minor pains

Monday

Differences: Last night was first without pain meds. I could've not used them sooner.. but wanted to sleep. Sure enough.. my arm burned last nigh for some reason and it wasnt a good nights sleep. This only seems to happen at night before sleep or while I'm sleeping. When I lift up and then lay it down I get a burn in my hand for about 5 seconds. It didn't happen during the day at all though. Last night I was able to touch my thumb to my shoulder for the first time since surgery, so flexibility is coming back. I had to push gently and slowly on it with my other arm though. The bruse is slowly diffuing, no new garbage. Im typing with one finger on the surgery arm now so I can still keep it still and type with the right hand. It;s going pretty fast. I still have to force myself to not use it, as it feels good enough so my body goes to use it.. ie close a door, etc, but I stop myself. I've also not been keeping it up as much as I should during the day since Im running around work a lot, although I dont see additional swelling from it.. and when I stop I usually hold it up. When I eat I just rest it on the table.. so its at least not flowing 'down'.

My right arm is definitely acting up more from using it as the sole arm.


Here you can see there is still a lot of bruising. It is not painful though. Stitches come out Friday.. cant wait for that, although I think the bandage makes it a lot more pleasant to rest it on.

No comments: