Thursday, November 27, 2008

Eight days post-op for ulnar nerve transposistion - more flexibility/new minor pains

Thanksgiving Thurdsay!
Great day - dinner with family at my Sister's and my Mom is in town too.
We ate so muchgood food today. yummy.

Lets get right to it with a more 'to the point' format. I'll prob change older posts at some point to reflect this too.

Differences: Last night my hand was burny/tingly when I went to sleep. I have not been using it, but it is not elevated all the time just most of the time. When I woke up my hand was burning. I thought maybe its some hypersensitivity fom everything healing, its hard to say though. Today my arm hurt in one specific spot in front of my elbow when I put my arm down. It has not done this before today. Also yesterday around the point of my elbow I would feel a minor sting, prob the incision healing, Overall the arm is becoming a little more mobile (ie flexible) each day. The arm is still stiff feeling. It is by no means very painful - it actually hasnt been at all - just annoying at times. The brusing under my arm is smoothing out and the whole area is a diffused yellow now with the purple lines essentially gone. However new 'garbage' as they call it (all those dark bruises/spots) has appeared more to the backside of the arm near the armpit. I gather its the stuff 'flowing' out of my arm. It's typical too see this after surgeries. When I had torn meniscus/acl repair done on my knee in 1999, the same thing appeared in my foot a bit after surgery.

I can bend my arm almost straight to about 105 degrees (ie slightly more bent than half way).
It is easier to hold your arm straight up, start slowly bending it over in front of your face and let gravity slowly pull it further. After a few seconds it will flex further as the arm gets used to it. I do not force it - I do give maybe an extra slight slight push (like one finger from the other hand hardly pushing)

Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: