Tuesday, November 18, 2008

T-Minus one day until ulnar nerve transposition surgery for cubital tunnel syndrome

I've stopped eating, it's after 9, I don't want to turn into a gremlin. Luckily I still have three more hours to drink liquids. The lovely thing I remember about the in situ procedure in Louisville was them injecting the nerve for the nerve block. Im not a man who loves needles.. so not looking forward to that. Maybe they will give me something good in the IV first : )

My left hand fingers are actually tingling a lot more today - did a lot of lifting at work to get ready for one of the Navy projects we are working on. It confirms to me even more that it is the right time to get the surgery - although it is never a convenient time to get it. I hope I can get some skiing in at the end of the season (Im hoping to get the right arm done in December so I'll be all good by March to hit late season skiing somewhere - last year in May we were at Mammoth skiing).

No comments: