Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ten days post-op for ulnar nerve transposistion - more flexibility/new minor pains

Saturday

Differences: Garbage on arm (brusing) is very visible still, purple lines, etc.... but I guess it is supposed to look like that as everything is supposed to flow like that. Last night my hand was tingling a bit. Today it felt better though. Each day a bit better - the fingers are moving faster and possibly less numbness. Something dangerous is occurring though - since my arm is feeling a lot better since the surgery (in terms of surgery caused pain/swelling/slowness in hand) I find I'm automatically almost using it in daily activites, opening the door, etc. I have to consciously make sure I don't use it, even though I feel I could to say..open a door. I can't use it for anything yet though according to the doctor. Tonight going to lift laptop on lap I suddenly put the other ghand on it and just started to use it to move it and caught myself and stopped. close call.

Today my middle finger started buzzing off and on. It feels like someone hooked up the smallest amount of voltage to the finger and it was clicking.

Now I am giving a little amount of force in stretching arm, I dont allow it to become painful though.. just enough to slowly trying to touch my thumb to the same side shoulder. If you try the same, slowly lift the arm away rather than fast.

No comments: